As we are all adjusting to the new normal and looking for ways to escape, we are thrilled the Trustees of the Reservation are reopening Great Point, Coskata and Coatue! We are looking forward to adventuring over the sand to the peace and solitude of the Point and beyond.
Read below to learn more about purchasing permits online, beach access in 2020 and click here to learn more about Great Point…
Info on Great Point/Coatue Access and Nantucket OSV (Over Sand Vehicle) Permits
- OSV access will begin May 22 as scheduled.
- The Wauwinet gatehouse will open on June 2 for permit distribution.
- All permits must be prepaid prior to arrival at the gatehouse.
- 2020-2021 Permits are only available online; no permits will be sold on site. Purchase your 2020 permit here.
- No parking is available at the gatehouse; access is drive-through only.
- During this interim period, OSV travel is at your own risk.
- Please note: Beach hours are 9AM-6PM.
- No groups larger than 10 people are permitted.
- No grilling is allowed.
- Vehicles must keep one-vehicle length (20′) apart.
- The deflating of tires is not allowed at the gatehouse.
There are so many wonderful activities and areas to discover on Nantucket. We hope you find new special ways to enjoy your summer!