Looking for things to do in Nantucket? You have come to the right place!
Our Nantucket Guide is packed with great information to help you plan your island trip and take you on new adventures!
Fisher’s Top 10 “Things to do in Nantucket” List
1. Grab an early breakfast at Black Eyed Susan’s… the menu never changes and it doesn’t need to because it’s a Nantucket staple! We suggest you get there early as the line can get long on weekend mornings. Don’t forget cash as they do not accept credit cards.
2. Enjoy a walk, run or bike ride through the Moors or another one of Nantucket’s vast conservation areas. Stop by the Nantucket Land Bank office at 22 Broad Street and grab a map of all their walking & hiking trails to kick off your adventure! Bonus: you can bring your four-legged friend too.
3. Get to the beach early and snag one of the island’s fantastic surf instructors to take you out! In the high season, you will find surf schools at Nobadeer & Cisco Beaches. Read our blog on learning how to surf on Nantucket from Danno: https://fishernantucket.com/nantucket-surfing-101
4. Looking for things to do in Nantucket besides going to the beach? That’s alright… grab a tea or coffee from a local hotspot like The Hub, Handlebar Café, The Bean or Corner Table and spend some time enjoying the local sights. There are benches along every bustling street to sit on and just watch Nantucket go by!
5. We may not officially have “happy hour”, but that doesn’t mean you can’t just make your own! In between your day time adventures and your evening plans, a delicious seaside cocktail and quick bite is always a wise idea. We suggest a harbor side glass of rose and some fresh oysters at Cru, a tropical and fun cocktail at the always friendly Slip14, a glass of champagne with your toes in the sand at The Galley, or if you are craving some adult dessert, stop by The Gazebo for one of their famous frozen mudslides.
6. Are you ready for dinner? One of our favorite Nantucket secrets is just a few blocks from the heart of town… good old Sayle’s Seafood. Grab a complete lobster dinner to-go and bring your beach chair to the beach for a sunset feast! Additionally, they have a fantastic selection of fried sea foods (they come in two sizes, large & huge!) along with all the staples that go with such a classic ocean side meal.
7. If you are looking for something a little more refined, head to Straight Wharf Restaurant and get their famous SWR Clam Bake… over a pound and a half of lobster, taken out of the shell, butter poached and gracefully plated with littleneck clams, spicy chorizo, melted leeks & sweet corn puree…heaven on a fork and no bib necessary!
8. Have you left room for dessert? Because you have to experience the homemade ice cream at The Juice Bar. They have an abundance of flavors, including house-made sorbet and vegan selections! If the line looks a little long, trust us, it is worth the wait! Ice-cream isn’t your speed? Head over to the secret candy room at Force 5 Watersports, Aunt Leah’s Fudge, Sweet Inspirations, Petticoat Row Bakery or the Nantucket Candy Company.
9. Now that you have explored, adventured and eaten, it’s time to unwind! Grab someone special and take an evening stroll along the docks off Straight & Old South Wharf. There are beautiful boats of all shapes & sizes that are fantastic to “ooh” and “ahh” at… you’ll find yourself quickly dreaming about what your days would be like if you were island hopping in such luxury!
10. It is no secret that here at Fisher Real Estate, we love to fish! Take a look at our photos from our recent team fishing trip. If you do too, or you want to give it a try, we highly recommend making fishing part of your “Things to do in Nantucket” list. Whether you hire a charter, rent a boat, or head out on the beach with your own rod, you are in for a great experience and hopefully tight lines! Look for our very own, Cam Gammill’s, Fishing Report on our blog – click here!