Best Nantucket Island Beaches
Whether you are looking for a beach that feels like a private escape or a bustling public beach with all the conveniences, Nantucket island beaches have something for everyone! Here is Fisher Real Estate’s round up of some of the best beaches on Nantucket.
North Shore – Calmer Waters
1. Jetties Beach Close to town with parking, playground and the Sandbar restaurant.
2. Brant Point Scenic lighthouse, the best place on island to watch the boats ’round the point.
3. Children’s Beach Closest beach to town, ideal for children with a playground, stage and snack bar, the Hungry Minnow.
4. Steps Beach Picturesque beach between Dionis and Jetties Beach with views of teh Nantucket Sound and Great Point.
5. Dionis Calm waters and peaceful beach, 3 mile bike from town.
6. 40th Pole A local favorite, drive on access, caml water with views of Smith’s Point and the Cape.
South Shore – Surf Beaches
7. Tom Nevers Big parking lot, baseball fields and playground.
8. Surfside Popular beach with shuttle services, restrooms, parking and bike racks.
9. Miacomet 2.5 miles from town, not as busy as other South Shore beaches.
10. Cisco Surf school on-site, food cart, can be very busy.
11. Madaket Famous sunset destination, portable restrooms and down the street from Millie’s Restaurant & Millies Market.
Eastern Shore – Moderate Surf Beaches
12. ‘Sconset NRTA shuttle or a 6-mile bike ride. Food nearby in the ‘Sconset Village.
13. Quident No facilities or lifeguards. Boarders Sesachacha Pond.
14. Pocomo Warm water, great for kayaking.
15. Great Point Beach Permit and 4-wheel drive required.
Deer Tick Awareness
Deer ticks are commonly found in high-moisture sites, so exercise caution when walking in woods, marshy areas, tall grass and along the edges of fields and lawns. At the beach, walk in the middle of trails and stay away from the beach grass in the dunes. Along with your SPF, wearing DEET insect repellent will discourage ticks.