Take a trip to the Milestone Cranberry Bog for the 14th Annual Nantucket Cranberry Festival to watch the berry harvest!
The Nantucket Conservation Foundation will be hosting this special fall event on October 7th 2017 from 11:00am-4:00pm, rain or shine. With family activities, music, hay rides, petting zoo and great photo opportunities! This year the Festival is going organic! Fisher Tip: admission is free and parking is $20 a car.
Thanks to our friend Laurie Richards from Pixel Perfect who captured these amazing photos from the 2016 Nantucket Cranberry Festival. Laurie is an amazing portrait and wedding photographer on the island who we are lucky to call a Fisher Friend!
All photos of 2016 Nantucket Cranberry Festival © Laurie Richards
Find out more about the Nantucket Cranberry Festival at www.nantucketconservation.org
FUN at the Nantucket Cranberry Festival
- Cranberry harvesting – several bogs near the Festival grounds will be harvested throughout the day
- Live music by Four Easy Payments
- Kid’s Events with Marjory Trott – sack races, face painting, tug of wars and much more
- Hay rides
- Berry Bouncing Machine demonstration
- Antique tractor displays
- Petting zoo with goats, ducks and other farm animals
FOOD at the Nantucket Cranberry Festival
- B-ACK YARD BBQ – Back by popular demand, Nantucket’s own Back Yard BBQ will be at the Festival this year serving up their famous pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ chicken, brisket and other delights! After the Festival, be sure to visit their restaurant on Straight Wharf for their complete menu of barbecued deliciousness.
- Sweet Inspirations – Chocolate covered cranberries and other confectionery delights in the main tent.
- Wicked Island Bakery – Freshly made cranberry cookies, cranberry pecan quickbread, coffee and other cranberry goodies.
- ACK Fresh – Freshly-pressed, raw, organic juices made from local fruits, vegetables and Nantucket Cranberries.
- Bartlett’s Farm – House baked cookies, cranberry granola, cranberry pies, and more!
- Catering by Laura – New England clam chowda, hot dogs, drinks… and of course…
- CRANBERRIES! – Fresh from the bogs! Both Genuine Nantucket Cranberries and Windswept organic cranberries will be available.