Egan Maritime Institute presents Maritime Day at the Shipwreck & Lifesaving Museum. Curious minds of all ages are invited to drop by the Museum for free, family-friendly activities.
The day will feature a Nanpuppets performance, free educational tours, maritime-themed activities and crafts, and a few special visitors. Plus! Island Kitchen will be selling yummy treats all afternoon long.
There is LIMITED parking at the Museum. We highly recommend all attendees ride their bikes, take the NRTA Wave, or hop on our shipwreck shuttle to the museum.
Everyone who takes alternative transportation to this event will be entered into an exclusive raffle!
Alternative Transportation Options:
- Shipwreck Shuttle: Picks up on the half-hour from Visitor Services starting at 10 am. Returns from the Museum to Visitors Service on the hour. The last ride is at 2:00 pm.
- NRTA Wave: Sconset Via Polpis Route : https://nrtawave.com/sconset-via-polpis-road-route/
- Taxi : https://nrtawave.com/onisland/taxis.php
- UBER: https://www.uber.com/global/en/r/cities/nantucket-ma-us/
Schedule of Events:
10:30 a.m.: Nanpuppets on the Museum Lawn
11:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Free Admission to The Shipwreck & Lifesaving Museum
- Activities on the Lawn
- Crafts with the Nantucket Historical Association
- Maritime activities with Linda Loring Nature Foundation and Nantucket Conservation Foundation
- Lifejacket fittings and water safety tips with the US Coast Guard Auxiliary
12:30 p.m: Story Time in Stone Garden with NISHA
1:30 p.m. Raffle Drawing