Read below for a list of the Fisher Team’s favorite beaches on the North, South and Eastern shores!
North Shore; Calmer Waters
(1) Jetties Beach | Close to town with parking, a playground and the Sandbar restaurant.
(2) Brant Point | Scenic lighthouse, and the best place to watch the boats and ferries round the point.
(3) Children’s Beach | Closest beach to town, ideal for children with a playground, stage and snack bar, The Surf.
(4) Steps Beach | Picturesque beach between Dionis and Jetties Beach with views of the Nantucket Sound and Great Point.
(5) Dionis | Calm waters and peaceful beach, restrooms, parking and a 3-mile bike ride from town.
(6) 40th Pole | A local favorite, with drive-on access, calm water with views of Smith’s Point and the Cape. Permit and 4-wheel drive required.
South Shore; Surf Beaches
(7) Tom Nevers | Big parking lot, softball fields and new playground coming soon.
(8) Nobadeer | Popular drive-on beach with larger waves. Permit and 4-wheel drive required.
(9) Surfside | Family-friendly beach with shuttle services, restrooms, parking, bike racks and The Surf snack bar.
(10) Miacomet | Less busy South Shore beach 2.5 miles from town, and close to Bartlett’s Farm.
(11) Cisco | Very popular beach with a surf school on-site and can have various food carts on-site.
(12) Madaket | Famous sunset destination down the street from Millie’s Restaurant & Millie’s Market.
Eastern Shore; Moderate Surf Beaches
(13) ‘Sconset | NRTA shuttle or a 6-mile bike ride. Food nearby in ‘Sconset Village.
(14) Quidnet | Typically a calmer water beach that borders Sesachacha Pond. No facilities or lifeguards.
(15) Pocomo | Warm water, great for kayaking.
(16) Great Point Beach | Permit, or day pass, and 4-wheel drive required.
Fisher Tip: Help keep our beaches clean! Join Nantucket Clean Team (@ackcleanteam) to help clean Nantucket. Locations are posted weekly on their Facebook page and anyone is welcome to join.