Take a trip down to the Milestone Cranberry Bog for the 16th Annual Nantucket Cranberry Festival!
The Nantucket Conservation Foundation will be hosting this memorable fall event on Sunday, October 13th, 2019 from 11:00am-4:00pm. This family-friendly event includes live music, a show by Nanpuppets, the ever popular berry bouncing machine and gorgeous scenery! Fisher Tip: admission is free but parking is $20 a car. So here’s what you need to know about the fun-filled day!
Things to Do at the Nantucket Cranberry Festival
- Cranberry Harvesting – Harvesting demonstrations near the Festival grounds will occur throughout the day
- Interactive Cranberry Bog Experience – Grab some waders, get into the bog, and help with the traditional wet harvest
- Live Music – 4EZ Payments
- Dan Sutherland – Sutherland Studio prints
- Kid’s Events – Sack races, face painting, tug of wars, face painting and much more
- Nanpuppets & Barnaby Bear
- Boy Scouts of America – Rope walk bridge
- Berry Bouncing Machine & Antique Tractor Displays
- Bog Tours
- Self–Guided Tours – Visitors can follow signs around the Festival grounds out to the bogs to learn more about cranberries and their historic role in Nantucket agriculture. The tour is about ¼ mile in length and takes about 20 minutes to complete.
- Guides – Two cranberry experts will be on hand at different locations along the bogs to welcome visitors, answer questions and point out interesting facts about cranberry farming.
Food at the Nantucket Cranberry Festival
- CRANBERRIES! – Fresh from the bogs! Genuine Nantucket Organic Cranberries.
- B-ACK YARD BBQ – Nantucket’s own Back Yard BBQ will be at the Festival this year serving up their pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ chicken, brisket and more!
- Catering by Laura – New England clam chowder, hot dogs and drinks.
- Sushi Sean 11:11 – Chinese black rice salad with cranberries, Shrimp tempura and Miso soup.
- Wicked Island Bakery – Freshly made cranberry cookies, cranberry pecan quickbread, hot soup, coffee and other cranberry goodies.
- Bartlett’s Farm – House baked cookies, cranberry granola, cranberry pies and more!
- Aunt Leah’s Fudge – Fudge galore, from Nantucket cranberry to chocolate and more!
Thanks to our friend Laurie Richards from Pixel Perfect who captured these amazing photos from the 2016 Nantucket Cranberry Festival. Laurie is a talented portrait and wedding photographer on the island who we are lucky to call a Fisher Friend!
All photos of 2016 Nantucket Cranberry Festival © Laurie Richards