While it’s nearly impossible to choose a favorite anything on Nantucket, Team Fisher has curated some of our top activities, restaurants, beaches and more to ensure you make the most of our special island. There is something for everyone on Nantucket and there are even more island activities to discover on our blog: fishernantucket.com/blog.
Always Start with Breakfast (or Brunch!)
Enjoy Numerous restaurants with incredible breakfast and brunch options. Some of Fisher’s Favorites include:
- Black Eyed Susan’s | 10 India St. | Popular Breakfast destination and BYOB-friendly dinners
- Brant Point Grill | 50 Easton St. | Upscale, hotel restaurants with harbor views
- The Green | 5 West Creek Rd | Organic market with fresh juices, smoothies, and wraps
- Island Kitchen | 1 Chins Way | Popular mid-island spot with a beautiful outdoor patio
If you need a stronger pick-me-up, order a coffee or tea from a variety of local favorites like Roastd, The Green Market, Corner Table, Handlebar Café, or Stoke Coffee.
Whether you are here for a weekend or for the summer, Nantucket offers some of the best wellness services to help you unwind. Pamper yourself–or your loved ones–with some of Fisher’s favorite personal care spots:
- Lavender Farm Wellness | 6 West Creek Rd | Massages, meditations, classes & more
- Darya Salon & Spa | 7 S Beach St | The salon is located on Beach Street and the spa is located in the White Elephant Hotel
- RJ Miller Salon & Spa | 6 Amelia Dr | Various luxe facial and body treatments
- Life Massage | 13 Amelia Dr | Popular mid-island massage destination for 15+ years
- Nantucket Aesthetics | 98 Old South Rd | Mid-island medical spa with various treatments
- LexRX | 5 South Water St | Nurse Practitioner owned and operated medical spa downtown
Stock Your Beach Bag
What’s an afternoon on Nantucket without a trip to the beach? Whether you want to call in a to-go order or pack a picnic, some of our favorite pre-beach stops are:
- 167 Raw | 167 Hummock Pond Rd | Fish market, prepared clips, snacks and a food truck
- Bartlett’s Farm | 33 Bartlett Farm Rd | Sandwiches, grab & go, snacks and fresh produce
- 45 Surfside | 45 Surfside Rd | Café & bakery with smoothies, wraps, and sandwiches
- Fresh | 5 Salem St | Made-to-order sandwiches, salads, smoothies, beer & wine
- Meat & Fish Market | 21 Old South Rd | Gourmet market, sushi, sandwiches & Starbucks drinks
- Something Natural | 50 Cliff Rd | Beloved sandwich shop and bakery with homemade bread
- Provisions | 3 Harbor Square | Made-to-order breakfast and lunch sandwiches, salads, pastries, and more
Where to Beach & Fish
You can read more about all the beaches Nantucket has to offer in our blog: [LINK], but you can’t go wrong at any of our beaches. Where you’re most likely to find a Team Fisher member, however, is at: Fisherman’s, Cisco, 40th Pole or Miacomet.
* Remember to purchase a Beach Vehicle Permit if you plan to bring your car on any of the drive-on beaches.
If you want to hit the water, we highly suggest booking an early morning fishing charter with Bill Fisher Outfitters and watch the sunrise while reeling in your first catch of the day.
Hit the (FOOD) Scene
Ready for dinner but didn’t make a reservation yet? Make sure to check with the restaurant beforehand but these are a few of our favorite walk-in spots:
- Millie’s | 326 Madaket Rd | Baja-style dishes & specialty cocktails with ocean views
- Slip 14 | 14 Old South Wharf | Indoor-Outdoor dining with water views
- The Lobster Trap | 23 Washington St | Classic New England-style seafood
- Or, The Whale | 38 Main St | Bistro, bar and patio with classic comfort dishes
If you’re looking for fine dining, we highly suggest making a reservation in advance at any of these restaurants that you should absolutely not miss:
- Ventuno | 21 Federal St | Elegant Italian eatery with fresh pasta, creative dishes and outdoor seating
- The Nautilus | 12 Cambridge St | Global-inspired dishes, small plates and inventive craft cocktails
- Dune | 20 Broad St | Upscale eatery with refined New-American plates, craft cocktails and outdoor patio
- Le Languedoc Bistro | 24Broad St | French-inspired, casually elegant restaurant in a 1780’s tavern with a comfortable bar
We hope you left some room for dessert because Nantucket has some of the best ice cream around. The lines can be long, but always worth it! Some of our favorites are The Juice Bar, Jack & Charlie’s, Island Kitchen or Millie’s Market.
Not Ready to Go Home?
If you’re not ready to turn in after dinner, there’s always late-night happenings on island, especially live music. The Chicken Box is a live music institution and island “roadhouse” for over 50 years. Be sure to follow them (@theboxnantucket) and purchase concert tickets early! The Gaslight is another great live music venue downtown with local, regional and national bands.
After last call and a dance party, head over to “The Strip” by Steamship Authority for a late night snack. Stubby’s is a local favorite and open until 2am. Pizzeria Gemelle is another downtown favorite with a late night menu starting at 11:30pm.