- August 9, 2017
Nantucket Island Beaches
Whether you are looking for a beach that feels like a private escape or a bustling public beach with all the conveniences, Nantucket island beaches have something for everyone! Here is Fisher Real Estate’s round up of some of the most popular beaches on Nantucket.
North Shore – Calmer Waters
1. Jetties Beach Close to town with parking and the new Sandbar restaurant.
2. Brant Point Scenic lighthouse, great to watch the boats round the point.
3. Children’s Beach Closest beach to town ideal for small children.
4. Dionis Calm waters and peaceful beach, 3 mile bike from town.
South Shore – Heavy Surf
5. Tom Nevers Big parking lot, playground and roller rink.
6. Surfside Very popular beach with shuttle service, parking, snack bar and restrooms.
7. Miacomet 2.5 miles from town, not as busy as other South Shore beaches listed.
8. Cisco Surf school available, food cart, can be very busy.
9. Madaket Famous sunset destination.
Eastern Shore – Surf Can be Heavy
10. Siasconet NRTA shuttle or a 6-mi. bike ride. Food nearby in the ‘Sconset village.
11. Quident No facilities or lifeguards. Boarders Sesachcha Pond.
12. Pocomo Warm water, great for kayaking.
13. Great Point Beach permit and 4-wheel drive required.
Some Current Fisher Real Estate Listings Close to the Beach
Deer Tick Awareness
Deer ticks are commonly found in high-moisture sites, so exercise caution when walking in woods, marshy areas, tall grass and along the edges of fields and lawns. At the beach, walk in the middle of trails and stay away from the beach grass in the dunes. Along with your SPF, wearing DEET insect repellent will discourage ticks.